[dev] IMAP_Client success report

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Sat Jul 30 20:23:14 PDT 2005

> Michael,
>
> the new client and namespace detection works great with Cyrus (plain,
> SSL, and TLS).
> Unfortunately the hierarchies seem to not being used yet. I have for
> example read access to a mailbox user.anotheruser, but the mailbox
> doesn't show up yet.

Unfortunately, I can only test with sample namespace strings I gathered
from the RFC and other places since dovecot doesn't support additional
namespaces yet.  But plugging these sample namespace strings into
IMP_IMAPClient::namespace() results in namespace returning a valid
array and the code in IMP_Session creating a valid hierarchies array.

For example, here is a sample namespace entry:
* NAMESPACE (("" "/")("#mhinbox" NIL)("#mh/" "/")) (("~" "/"))
(("#shared/" "/")("#ftp/" "/")("#news." ".")("#public/" "/"))

which returns the following array from namespace():
Array
(
    [personal] => Array
        (
            [] => Array
                (
                    [name] =>
                    [delimiter] => /
                )

            [#mhinbox] => Array
                (
                    [name] => #mhinbox
                    [delimiter] =>
                )

            [#mh/] => Array
                (
                    [name] => #mh/
                    [delimiter] => /
                )

        )

    [others] => Array
        (
            [~] => Array
                (
                    [name] => ~
                    [delimiter] => /
                )

        )

    [shared] => Array
        (
            [#shared/] => Array
                (
                    [name] => #shared/
                    [delimiter] => /
                )

            [#ftp/] => Array
                (
                    [name] => #ftp/
                    [delimiter] => /
                )

            [#news.] => Array
                (
                    [name] => #news.
                    [delimiter] => .
                )

            [#public/] => Array
                (
                    [name] => #public/
                    [delimiter] => /
                )

        )

)

Which produces the following hierarchies array in IMP_Session:
Array
(
    [0] => #mhinbox
    [2] => ~
    [3] => #shared/
    [4] => #ftp/
    [5] => #news.
    [6] => #public/
)

can you debug and see what you are getting?

michael