[dev] IMAP_Client success report

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Jul 31 04:07:53 PDT 2005

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.curecanti.org>:

>> Michael,
>>
>> the new client and namespace detection works great with Cyrus (plain,
>> SSL, and TLS).
>> Unfortunately the hierarchies seem to not being used yet. I have for
>> example read access to a mailbox user.anotheruser, but the mailbox
>> doesn't show up yet.
>
> Unfortunately, I can only test with sample namespace strings I
> gathered from the RFC and other places since dovecot doesn't support
> additional namespaces yet.  But plugging these sample namespace
> strings into IMP_IMAPClient::namespace() results in namespace
> returning a valid array and the code in IMP_Session creating a valid
> hierarchies array.
>
> For example, here is a sample namespace entry:
> * NAMESPACE (("" "/")("#mhinbox" NIL)("#mh/" "/")) (("~" "/"))
> (("#shared/" "/")("#ftp/" "/")("#news." ".")("#public/" "/"))
>
> which returns the following array from namespace():
> Array
> (
>    [personal] => Array
>        (
>            [] => Array
>                (
>                    [name] =>
>                    [delimiter] => /
>                )
>
>            [#mhinbox] => Array
>                (
>                    [name] => #mhinbox
>                    [delimiter] =>
>                )
>
>            [#mh/] => Array
>                (
>                    [name] => #mh/
>                    [delimiter] => /
>                )
>
>        )
>
>    [others] => Array
>        (
>            [~] => Array
>                (
>                    [name] => ~
>                    [delimiter] => /
>                )
>
>        )
>
>    [shared] => Array
>        (
>            [#shared/] => Array
>                (
>                    [name] => #shared/
>                    [delimiter] => /
>                )
>
>            [#ftp/] => Array
>                (
>                    [name] => #ftp/
>                    [delimiter] => /
>                )
>
>            [#news.] => Array
>                (
>                    [name] => #news.
>                    [delimiter] => .
>                )
>
>            [#public/] => Array
>                (
>                    [name] => #public/
>                    [delimiter] => /
>                )
>
>        )
>
> )
>
> Which produces the following hierarchies array in IMP_Session:
> Array
> [...]

The namespace *detection* is not the problem. That's working fine:
array(3) {
  ["personal"]=>
  array(1) {
    ["INBOX."]=>
    array(2) {
      ["name"]=>
      string(6) "INBOX."
      ["delimiter"]=>
      string(1) "."
    }
  }
  ["others"]=>
  array(1) {
    ["user."]=>
    array(2) {
      ["name"]=>
      string(5) "user."
      ["delimiter"]=>
      string(1) "."
    }
  }
  ["shared"]=>
  array(1) {
    [""]=>
    array(2) {
      ["name"]=>
      string(0) ""
      ["delimiter"]=>
      string(1) "."
    }
  }
}

But the "user." mailboxes that I have read access to from the "others"
namespace don't appear in the folder listings. AFAICS the user.
namespace is not even requested for any available mailboxes.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/