[dev] Sidebar no longer updating

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Wed Aug 3 17:27:18 PDT 2005

I updated from CVS HEAD last night for the first time in about a month.
I updated the framework and all config files. The only big thing I
noticed was, after removing "folders" from servers.php, all directories
and files in my home directory were displayed in the sidebar (using
UW-IMAP), so I put the "folders" entry back in.

But with or without it, the sidebar was not updating the message counts
anymore. Using calls to the alert function ("alert(result);" inside
sidebar.inc), I can see that updated message counts are being returned,
but the sidebar display isn't updating. There are no messages reported
in firefox's javascript console.

Seeing that "result" (which gets passed to "eval") is returning the
correct information, I'm not sure where to go from here to
troubleshoot. Can somebody tell me where to look next?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
--
Rick Emery