[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Auth/Auth ldap.php

Ben Chavet ben at horde.org
Wed Aug 10 11:21:58 PDT 2005

>>> Please revert, this is done where the list is used.
>>>

>> Do we really want to duplicate the sorting code everywhere we get a
>> username listing?
>
> You would duplicate it if you do it in the driver, as in sort it twice.

Well, the reason I put the ldap_sort in there is because hermes doesn't
currently sort the usernames.  By not sorting in the backend, we have
to sort the list everywhere we want to use it, which is the duplication
I was getting at.  Obviously, we only need to sort the list once per
retrieval.  I just think it makes more sense to sort it in a central
location, allowing the calling code to assume that the list will be
sorted already.

--Ben