[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Auth/Auth ldap.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Aug 11 00:11:41 PDT 2005

Zitat von Ben Chavet <ben at horde.org>:

>>> Do we really want to duplicate the sorting code everywhere we get a
>>> username listing?
>>
>> You would duplicate it if you do it in the driver, as in sort it twice.
>
> Well, the reason I put the ldap_sort in there is because hermes
> doesn't currently sort the usernames.  By not sorting in the backend,
> we have to sort the list everywhere we want to use it, which is the
> duplication I was getting at.  Obviously, we only need to sort the
> list once per retrieval.  I just think it makes more sense to sort it
> in a central location, allowing the calling code to assume that the
> list will be sorted already.

Of course it makes more sense to sort the lists once in the drivers,
but we didn't do this, and relying on it now would break bc. If you
don't rely on it, you would sort the list twice, once in the driver and
once in the places where we currently use the lists, and where we sort
them too.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/