[dev] Problem with W2K+IIS+PHP ?

Xavier Perseguers pub at perseguers.ch
Mon Aug 15 03:08:26 PDT 2005

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Xavier Perseguers <pub at perseguers.ch>:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am developping a project with part of Horde framework. Things are
>>really made easy with it but I often get timeout when 'leaving' forms.
>>For instance if I make an edit form and I press OK or Cancel, my changes
>>are stored in my DB (and the notification message is pushed onto the
>>list) but then the form seems to freeze. If I manually click on one of
>>my menu's links, then I see the notification message I put and my
>>changes are made (for instance if I go back manually to the list). I'm
>>sure the problem is with the header() call which is made with a full URL
>>as we talked about this with Jan a few days ago.
>>
>>Problem is sometimes I do not see any problem (I go back without
>>'effort' to the list) and sometimes it freezes. The same with other
>>forms I designed myself without Horde framework.
>

> Are you sure that you always exit() after the header() call?

Yes. I just double-checked. I found on a website a message saying there
was a bug with header() when access to a DB is made on the same page and
we are under IIS. I did not find it though on bugs.php.net. I just
modified cgi.rfc2616_headers to 0 in php.ini (it was set, as it should
be I think, to 1) and I will see if it fixes the bug. I am very
disapointed with this issue that sometimes 'works' and sometimes not.

This afternoon I will try to install latest version of php (the 5th
instead of 4.3.8 if I remember well) but I have a few 'fears'. We do not
use so much php as we developped a lot using standard asp. And now I
think it's better to use php than moving to asp.net but I am not willing
to get problems now, after months of work in this new direction with
problem between IIS and PHP.

I really hope I find something to fit php tight :-)

Xavier