[dev] move_history_out_of_datatree.php script stalls

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Sep 20 20:43:12 PDT 2005

Quoting "Kevin M. Myer" <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> I've logged queries on my database server and the initial query is being
> generated and executed (captured traffic to confirm this too).  Running the
> query manually generates about 45,000 results, so the query is fine.  Overall
> datatree_attributes contains about 160,000 entries.
>
> By inserting an echo function in the script, I can see its hanging on
> this line:
>
> $all = $datatree->get(DATATREE_FORMAT_FLAT, DATATREE_ROOT, true);
>
> But I'm pretty much lost at that point.  Any ideas?  Any way to chunk the
> migration?

Well, this is obviously not ideal, but you could split up the table
itself and run the script on several iterations of it.

How long have you let it go? It's probably just taking a long, long
time to do the various loading that goes on after those 45,000 results
are returned. Which is the main reason to get this stuff out of
DataTree in the first place. :)

-chuck

Quincy Adams