[dev] deleting folders from IMP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Sep 24 01:50:28 PDT 2005

Zitat von Dilyan Palauzov <didopalauzov at aegee.org>:

>    I am not sure this is the right list, nor if it is a bug, but the
> behaviour of deleting inherited folders in Imp looks strange for me:
>       Suppose we have a cyrus-imap server, accessed with IMP 4.0.3 .
> From the IMP-> "Folders" button/page we create one subfolder, called
> test and a subfolder of test, called beta. At the end we have the
> following structure:
>
> +--Inbox
>  +--test
>     +--beta
>
> At this moment we delete again over the "Folders" page (is there a
> better term for "page"?) the "test" folder. Now the "beta" folder still
> exists as well the "test" one, whereas we cannot store anymore mails in
> test and when clicking on "test" in the left menu (sidebar) it opens
> immediately the "beta" folder.
>    Is this a bug in the deletion or presents the desired behaviour?

This is the desired behaviour, we don't do recursive folder deletions.

> Going a bit further, without leaving the "Folders" page we delete the
> "beta" folder. It is then perfectly deleted but the "test" folder
> reimains appearing in the "Folders" page until the next login.

This is probably a bug, though only a cosmetic one. Try 4.0.4-RC2 and
see if it's fixed.

>    Finally, what I find a bit confusing, but can live with, when I
> create folders, without having choosen the parent folder, in an
> IMP403/Cyrus environment, which allows only INBOX as root-folder and
> everything else is at least one level behind it, so... when I create
> folders without having choosen a desired parent, I am asked for the name
> of the folder but it is not created and no error message is reported to
> the user (=me).

I get an error message in this case. Btw, you can use the altnamespace
setting in Cyrus to *not* show all folders under the INBOX.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/