[dev] PHP Notice : Undefined index: gnupg

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Sep 27 13:58:12 PDT 2005

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:

> I can.  This looks to be more of an issue with the Horde configuration
> creation than with this particular config parameter.  Is there any
> reason we are not creating a "$conf['foo'] = '';" entry in the
> generated conf.php file if an item is blank?  Or is the preferred
> practice to always do an empty() check on those config parameters that
> are not required?

I've reproduced it elsewhere as well, as I've also seen this behaviour if you
remove the value for the path to openssl (having that set appears to be what
controls whether S/MIME shows up in IMP or not).  However, after clearing the
path, the undefined parameter message shows up periodically (but its been
awhile, so I don't remember exactly where, since I just commented that
preference group out altogether in prefs.php).

So, as Michael asks, should empty conf items be saved?  And if they are, then
checking to see that they aren't empty would seem to be the way to go to avoid
the notices.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer