[dev] AJAX good use...

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Sep 28 12:08:01 PDT 2005

Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at r4l.com>:

> I'm not whining, just mentioning it so that others might take ideas/technics
> from this...

They include much more of the underlying architecture than what Horde
intends to
do (think more of Horde + Kolab, except with Horde/Kolab, you can have one
without the other, but they compliment each other if you have them
both). Zimbra's got an embedded MTA, message store, MySQL server, LDAP
server, along
with clustering support, etc, run through Tomcat.  So all in all, its a much
"heavier" package than Horde.  Concepts for their mail app seem to have been
borrowed from Gmail (or did Google borrow them from Zimbra? :)  Looks like a
nice integrated package, if you believe everything should be integrated
in that
manner, and if you need a dropin replacement for something else.  If you have
existing mail infrastructure, I'd not jettison it just yet, though :)

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator