[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/config prefs.php.dist framework/Horde Horde.php framework/Horde/Horde Registry.php

Vijay Mahrra vijay.mahrra at es.easynet.net
Mon Oct 3 01:06:28 PDT 2005

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:
> Anyway, what do folks think about the preference vs. automatic
> question? I think that users shouldn't have to set a permanent
> preference and then change it if they changes browsers, I think we
> should adapt to whatever browser is in use and  give them the richest
> possible UI. Thoughts?

sometimes the richest featureset isn't the best option because of client
connection speed and dated pc's with limited memory, the majority of people
on these lists don't have these issues but there still are a lot of people
out there who do.

sometimes you could find yourself using a recent browser but you are on an
extremely slow connection (dial-up) or underpowered pc, for example when on
holiday in another country at an internet cafe, and checking email (ok i
know i shouldn't check email on holiday) there's nothing you can do if
using imp.  that's when i find squirrelmail with it's basic and simple html
comes into it's own.

if there is an easy way to simplify things and let the user choose, i would
welcome it.

vijay