[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/config prefs.php.dist framework/Horde Horde.php framework/Horde/Horde Registry.php

Marko Djukic mdjukic at horde.org
Mon Oct 3 02:58:24 PDT 2005

Quoting Vijay Mahrra <vijay.mahrra at es.easynet.net>:

> sometimes the richest featureset isn't the best option because of client
> connection speed and dated pc's with limited memory, the majority of people
> on these lists don't have these issues but there still are a lot of people
> out there who do.
>
> sometimes you could find yourself using a recent browser but you are on an
> extremely slow connection (dial-up) or underpowered pc, for example when on
> holiday in another country at an internet cafe, and checking email (ok i
> know i shouldn't check email on holiday) there's nothing you can do if
> using imp.  that's when i find squirrelmail with it's basic and simple html
> comes into it's own.
>
> if there is an easy way to simplify things and let the user choose, i would
> welcome it.

Maybe we should offer both automatic and a pref setting. I ripped out the pref
code I put in, and replaced it with a semi-automatic which saves a setting to
the session. But now I'm thinking I should put back the pref one too.
I was working from the assumption that some users would want the javascript
disabled whatever browser they use, but I see the point also of users prefering
an automatic detection in different settings eg. Chuck's example of a work
computer and a home computer.

--
Marko Djukic
Horde Project (http://horde.org/)