[dev] PHP/imap and namespace detection

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 11 18:10:20 PDT 2005

> http://www.horde.org/imp/docs/?f=UPGRADING.html#automatic-namespace-detection

Excellent, thanks! After changing mailsubdir and recompiling imapd and
php (upgraded to 4.4.0), the sidebar now shows the "correct" folders.
But I beg your indulgence for just a little longer...

The only folder in my sidebar that is showing new message counts is
INBOX. All of my other folders are listed, but don't show new message
counts. If I click a folder to bring up the message list, it shows all
of the messages, including the new ones in bold type.

Additionally, Thunderbird shows only INBOX. The first time I opened it
after installing the new imapd, clicking one of the folders produced
the error "mail/[name of folder] does not exist". So I deleted the
account and recreated it, after which only the INBOX folder was
displayed.

Because of the problem with Thunderbird, I assume this is a problem
with uw-imap, but I've scoured the documentation and searched google
and can't find anything related to this.

Thanks (again) in advance,
Rick
--
Rick Emery