[dev] PHP/imap and namespace detection

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 11 18:37:08 PDT 2005

Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:

>> http://www.horde.org/imp/docs/?f=UPGRADING.html#automatic-namespace-detection
>
> Excellent, thanks! After changing mailsubdir and recompiling imapd and
> php (upgraded to 4.4.0), the sidebar now shows the "correct" folders.
> But I beg your indulgence for just a little longer...

Sorry for the noise...I figured it out.

For the archives, the problem with Thunderbird was that the folders had
"moved" from "mail/" to "/" (not really, but that was the perception).
Once I unsubscribed from the "mail/*" folders and subscribed to the
"/*" folders, everything worked.

The problem with the sidebar not updating the message counts was the
same thing; I had to select the folders in the folder list and select
"Check folders for new mail", and it started working.

One question, though; do I have to somehow tell IMP to not check the
old "mail/*" folders for new mail? And how would I do that (since the
folders no longer exist)?

Thanks again,
Rick
--