[dev] PHP/imap and namespace detection

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Oct 11 23:24:24 PDT 2005

Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:

>>> http://www.horde.org/imp/docs/?f=UPGRADING.html#automatic-namespace-detection
>>
>> Excellent, thanks! After changing mailsubdir and recompiling imapd and
>> php (upgraded to 4.4.0), the sidebar now shows the "correct" folders.
>> But I beg your indulgence for just a little longer...
>
> Sorry for the noise...I figured it out.
>
> For the archives, the problem with Thunderbird was that the folders had
> "moved" from "mail/" to "/" (not really, but that was the perception).
> Once I unsubscribed from the "mail/*" folders and subscribed to the
> "/*" folders, everything worked.
>
> The problem with the sidebar not updating the message counts was the
> same thing; I had to select the folders in the folder list and select
> "Check folders for new mail", and it started working.
>
> One question, though; do I have to somehow tell IMP to not check the
> old "mail/*" folders for new mail? And how would I do that (since the
> folders no longer exist)?

Not really - since these folders no longer exist they don't hurt
anything by remaining in the preferences (i.e. they are ignored).
However, if you do want to clean things up (in HEAD), all you need to
do is go to the folders screen and click on "Show Unsubscribed".
IMAP_Tree:: will automatically purge all poll entries that don't match
up with a mailbox that currently exists on the imap server.

michael