[dev] quotes around imap LOGIN command?

Matt Selsky selsky at columbia.edu
Tue Oct 18 22:57:53 PDT 2005

> What if your username and/or password has a space in it?  imap will
> reject the login string because it will appear to have an incorrect #
> of parameters - I believe this is why we need the quotes.

What if we use the other form of the LOGIN command?  I think this is
what c-client does.

Instead of:

A01 LOGIN "user" "pass"

we can use:

A01 LOGIN user {4}
+ Ready for argument
pass

We don't need to do quoting.  This also has the advantage of reducing
the number of connections that up-imapproxy needs to keep around.  It
thinks that '"user"' and 'user' are different usernames and need to use
separate server connections.

If there are no objections, I'll commit the code that does this.

--
Matt