[dev] Potential packaging of IMP

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Oct 26 09:07:47 PDT 2005

As Jan has mentioned, some of us are working on some pretty big changes
to Horde/IMP right now. As part of this, I'd like to propose
abstracting away a large part of what is currently IMP, to make it
easier to maintain the current working UI for folks using HEAD, while
also making MIMP development easier.

Basically, I'd like to move as much of IMP's code as possible into a
Horde_App_Mail package. IMP would become the UI on top of that code;
MIMP would simply be an alternate UI (avoiding a ton of duplicate code
we have right now), and the new work that Jan and myself and others are
working on would be a third.

It's a decent amount of work, but I think there are large benefits to
it development-wise and for people doing custom UIs. Thoughts?
Objections?

-chuck

Quincy Adams