[dev] [imp] Searching an IMAP mail store with Imp

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Fri Nov 4 19:33:20 PST 2005

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> As far as my comments that UTF-8 must be supported, seems I was wrong, only
> US-ASCII must be supported.  Also, unless I'm misunderstanding the terms
> MUST and SHOULD, the RFC also does not indicate that the server MUST return
> 'BADCHARSET' - it specifies it SHOULD return BADCHARSET.  The only thing it
> MUST return is a tagged NO response...and it seems Courier does not return
> BADCHARSET.
>
> What about searching for the NO response and  for either BADCHARSET  - OR -
> the text of the charset that we requested?

You are right in that the BADCHARSET string is not required.  But this
wasn't the reason why the code wasn't working.  turns out that
_runCommand() was returning false on error instead of the error code.
So searching for any error return would never return true.  i think i
have fixed this in the code.

michael