[dev] Attachments Error Handling...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Mon Nov 7 23:35:38 PST 2005

Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at r4l.com>:

> I tried the following using latest CVS HEAD code:
>
>  - attach a non-existent file
>  - attach a file which I don't have read permission
>
> In both case, horde "thinks" everything worked well, creates the
> attachment (size=0), and gives NO error notification.

I'm confused, simply because IMP did not produce an error message in
these cases previously.  As far as PHP can tell, the upload was
successful - the filename is correct, and the filename simply has 0
size.

the only thing we could do is to ignore 0 size uploads, but i'm not
sure if there is a drawback to this -- i.e. is it desirable for some
reason to allow 0 byte attachments?

> I also tried to attach a file bigger than the max allowed size, and got
> a server error... not sure about this one.

if you are getting a webserver error, you need to check your webserver
logs.  this is most likely not an IMP problem.

michael