[dev] datatree sql driver

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Mon Dec 12 06:34:28 PST 2005

> Zitat von Didi Rieder <adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at>:
>
>> the latest version of the datatree system (?) has a horrible
>> preformance. I noticed it after updateing our production server (I was
>> running cvs HEAD from end of October) to the cvs version from yesterday.
>> Our 4-way SUN which acts as SQL-server for horde got a load of over
>> 100 (!), as soon as we had a normal weekday number of users on our
>> webmail system.
>> When I set the datatree diver to "null" everything was normal again.
>> Can someone tell me what to do? How can the performance be improved?
>> Or a more basic question (sorry for that): What are the advantages of
>> the sql datatree driver in which horde application?
>
> It does provide required DataTree functionality, while the null driver
> only keeps you from getting error messages.

Ok, thanks.
Is there an easy way to improve the performance? It is ok if there are
not to many users connected to the system. But as soon we have ~1000
or more users, the mySQL machine goes down to it knees. The database
machine is a 4 way SUN with 8 Gigs of Ram and the database is stored
on a fast SAN, so I guess this should be enough hardware power.
...and YES, we do use the MSQL query caching capability.

Didi

p.s: As already mentioned, it was ok with an older cvs-HEAD version

--
Didi Rieder
adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
PGPKey ID: 3431D0B0