[dev] Querying memcache PECL extension version?

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Jan 19 17:34:32 PST 2006

Anyone know if there is a way to extract the version of the memcache
PECL extension that is installed on a system, programmatically?  With
the 1/11 commit to the memcached sessionhandler (to handle pooled
connections, which requires memcache 2.0 or higher), things are
completly broken and fail completely silently (white screen, absolutely
nothing logged anywhere) for me.  I suspect that its because I'm using
the 1.X version of the PECL extension.  I'd like to either
programmatically detect that, and modify function calls accordingly, or
we just state in the documention somewhere that version 2.0 or higher
is required.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer