[dev] Querying memcache PECL extension version?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jan 19 17:54:24 PST 2006

Zitat von "Kevin M. Myer" <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> Anyone know if there is a way to extract the version of the memcache
> PECL extension that is installed on a system, programmatically?  With
> the 1/11 commit to the memcached sessionhandler (to handle pooled
> connections, which requires memcache 2.0 or higher), things are
> completly broken and fail completely silently (white screen, absolutely
> nothing logged anywhere) for me.  I suspect that its because I'm using
> the 1.X version of the PECL extension.  I'd like to either
> programmatically detect that, and modify function calls accordingly, or
> we just state in the documention somewhere that version 2.0 or higher
> is required.

The latter. Detecting the version is technically possible using the
PEAR classes, but I would like to not rely on it.
Also, the memcache stuff in Horde is pretty new and only suitable for
edge cases, so it shouldn't be a high hurdle to require a certain
extenstion version.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/