[dev] PHP5 dom / PHP4 domxml

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jan 27 09:53:31 PST 2006

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> Has there been any thought regarding a more complete 'port' of the
> code that the Horde_Config_Node and related classes were derived from?
>   Perhaps moving them out of Horde/Config.php and creating a new
> framework package so other apps can make use of them?  I'm asking
> because I've had to add some of the missing functionality to them for
> a block I'm working on in order to more easily make it PHP4 and PHP5
> compatible.  It's a shame to basically duplicate the code in multiple
> places...just wondering.

Makes sense to me if it can be made cleaner. It's all in the framework
so there's no problem introducing a new package there; the block will
just depend on the version of Horde that the new package is introduced
in.

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships