[dev] PHP5 dom / PHP4 domxml

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Sat Jan 28 08:50:54 PST 2006

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>> Has there been any thought regarding a more complete 'port' of the
>> code that the Horde_Config_Node and related classes were derived from?
>>   Perhaps moving them out of Horde/Config.php and creating a new
>> framework package so other apps can make use of them?  I'm asking
>> because I've had to add some of the missing functionality to them for
>> a block I'm working on in order to more easily make it PHP4 and PHP5
>> compatible.  It's a shame to basically duplicate the code in multiple
>> places...just wondering.
>
> Makes sense to me if it can be made cleaner. It's all in the framework
> so there's no problem introducing a new package there; the block will
> just depend on the version of Horde that the new package is introduced
> in.

Cool. How does Horde_DomXML sound for the package name?

On a related note, I know we were talking about creating a new CVS
module for user contributed blocks and themes that are not part of the
official Horde distribution...just wondering if this is up anywhere yet.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)