[dev] [giapeto] Call to undefined method Horde_Template

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jan 30 05:40:16 PST 2006

Quoting Andrew Danne <andrewd at melbourne.sgi.com>:

> Chuck, I was not sure which list to post to so please feel free to add
> to the list of best fit.

I'm cc:ing the dev list on the reply.

> Chuck, there was no intent to ruffle feathers, even though I see that I
> have. I know how much time and effort that you and the various "active"
> contributors have and are putting into getting this software off the
> ground and into its current state.
>
> I am in the process of putting together a list of incompatabilities and
> a number of potential fixes once I understand the problems. The issue I
> face is that Im not a programmer, but a QA engineer and systems Admin
> that works on hetrogenious systems.

Testing is great. If you want to be helpful to the project, however,
rather than compiling a list, you should create tickets on
bugs.horde.org for each logical issue.

> But the first incompatibility that comes to mind; some of the
> references to TIMEZONES. Not all UNIX systems use the Country/Location
> variant. And even then dont use it the same with sometimes the
> difference being a lead ":". Or not understanding this variant at all
> on the original UTC offset variants.
>
> Some of the calls to sendmail fail for different OS's; some systems
> dont even use sendmail.

This is all a matter of configuration. You can choose to use a SMTP
server instead. You might need tweaks to PEAR's Mail package, but ...
not much to do with Horde here.

> I'm currently chasing a problem with Kronolith and how alarms are
> executed and why emails are not sent.
>
> Any command or add-on that uses "ls" the flags or any other common Unix
> system call needs testing. Main case in point is the IMP filter flags
> from "ingo".

I'm sorry, you lost me. Ingo executes the "ls" program on the command line?

> Chuck; dont take these as negitives. Considering Hordes scope, it
> worked pretty much out of the box on most systems considering I have
> not even run it up on Linux as yet. A product of Horde's scope is going
> to have bugs and it needs people to test (like me) and harden the code.
> I for one will be giving a hand where I can (see second paragraph).

As I said, testing is great, especially if you can create tickets with
enough information in them for developers to reproduce the problem.
Patches are great too, but we very much appreciate tickets that are
reproduceable.

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships