[dev] backslash in subject being "expanded"?

Marc Jauvin marc at r4l.com
Thu Feb 9 20:03:00 PST 2006

OK, I found it in "framework/MIME/MIME.php":

     function decode($string, $to_charset = null)
     {
         return stripslashes(MIME::_decode($string, $to_charset));
     }

MIME::decode() is being called in imp/mailbox.php (in particular) to
decode the subject of the emails.

As a test, I've removed the stripslashes() call and it fixes my
problem. but am thinking it must have been put there for a reason...

Anybody knows a good reason for this?

Marc Jauvin <marc at r4l.com> wrote:

> We're using latest Horde code from CVS.
>
> Anyone knows where I should look in the code for "\" being removed or
> "hidden" from subject line in IMP?
>
> We are dealing with a Ticket based support system that uses "\" in
> it's ticket number (in the subject line), and everytime we look at or
> reply to those emails, the "\" in the ticket number gets "stripped"
> from the subject, thus, creating a new support ticket every time...
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Marc Jauvin
> http://register4less.com