[dev] Portal layout

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Sat Feb 11 03:30:34 PST 2006

> I think there are problems with putting the Welcome... in the menu
> there, since it shows up on more pages than just the portal then, and
> I'm not really a fan of how it looks there.

Yes, most notably the Options pages. Would it be more acceptable if we
dropped the Welcome... part of the text? We could make the text
smaller. If you make it normal fontsize you could make it into
somekind of statistics block like:

Chuck Hagenbuch
Logged on:    13:50
Current role: Administrator

> I agree it wasn't looking
> good where it was, so I took it out for now. Having Add Content as a
> page-wide div I didn't like the look of, so I've left it where it was
> for now.

I still think it should be at the bottom. The looks should be
(page-wide or not, and maybe even top/bottom) determined by the theme.
I just took the css class I thought looked best, but we can also
introduce a new class for it.

> Further suggestions are welcome, especially mockups - maybe don't
> worry about patches for now.

Want me to gimp these suggestions together?

Cheers,
Roel.