[dev] Portal layout

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Feb 11 13:17:16 PST 2006

Quoting Roel Gloudemans <roel at gloudemans.info>:

> Yes, most notably the Options pages. Would it be more acceptable if we
> dropped the Welcome... part of the text? We could make the text
> smaller. If you make it normal fontsize you could make it into
> somekind of statistics block like:
>
> Chuck Hagenbuch
> Logged on:    13:50
> Current role: Administrator

I like this better certainly; it's kind of what I was going for as
something to just do on the portal page. If we're not going to make it
visible on _all_ screens I'm not sure it should be visible on other
pages as well.

Partly I'm looking at the Google customized home page header
(http://www.google.com/ig) for the idea here. http://netvibes.com/ has
a similar small status row across the top. They also add the nice
ability to type in a name for your page.

> I still think it should be at the bottom. The looks should be
> (page-wide or not, and maybe even top/bottom) determined by the theme.
> I just took the css class I thought looked best, but we can also
> introduce a new class for it.

True enough. Let's assume we'll introduce a new class for it.

> Want me to gimp these suggestions together?

Sure. :)

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships