[dev] Portal layout

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Sun Feb 12 08:29:49 PST 2006

Quoting Roel Gloudemans <roel at gloudemans.info>:

> Here's a mockup. It shows the header. There is one problem with
> showing it everywhere.
>
> Some apps have a select box on that place. Adding the header here
> would just take up too much real estate. So I propose to drop it when
> there is already something there.

What about including this 'statistics' block in the list of things to
display in the menu on the setup page of each application? So if the
admin only wants it on the portal page, he can choose to not include
it anywhere else?

> The mockup also shows another proposal. We can drop the layout page
> completely and add 'option' buttons to each block. When the option
> button is clicked you get the controls for positioning that block, an
> option to remove it, and an edit button to set the type.

Personally, I would rather not see the layout page nuked...I think
it's helpful to see the full layout page at one time, with the ability
to reposition / resize the different blocks.