[dev] Billing module, Was: Sasha

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 21 05:06:34 PST 2006

Zitat von Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> On Sunday 19 March 2006 21:00, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>> Makes sense to me. Juno makes sense as a potential place for this, as well.
>
> In general I like to see an separate module dedicated to invoices. I am not
> familiar with Juno but as I can see it has stocks and so on... An separate
> module can be even more flexible.
>
> I already started to getting the needed parts together.
>
> Many modules has listCostObjects method. I guess this should be the method
> called to to extract the billable items for each application?

Not quite. It's supposed to return objects that can be billed on. The
only application that currently uses this information to actually
spend money (time, actually) on these objects is Hermes. This is also
use to create invoices in Hermes, though I have to admit that I never
got this working or even understanding correctly.

> The same is getting the clients list. Sesha, Hermes and Turba has the nearly
> the same methods to getting the list of available clients. But I think that
> we should standardize this, and let Turba to handle clients details for all
> applications. Or  at least for this module.

Both Sesha and Hermes are already using Turba to retrieve the client list.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/