[dev] Removal of ugly code

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Apr 18 08:27:12 PDT 2006

With the implementation of the DIMP auto complete contacts code in
HEAD, I am thinking it is probably safe for us to remove the Expand
Names links completely.  It doesn't do anything that the auto-complete
already does, and it can't be used as a fallback for non-JS browsers
since it requires JS itself.

I'd like to move over the spell checking from DIMP also - and once we
do that, I think we can get rid of the terribly ugly current spelling
code.  Once again, spellcheck already doesn't work for non-JS browsers
so we are not losing anything.  And anyway, I think these are kind of
"value-added" JS features anyway - meaning they are useful if JS is
available, but they are not required elements for us to implement for
non-JS browsers.  Just way too much code maintenance (and ugliness)
for the handful of people that still aren't using a reasonably recent
browser version.

Thoughts/Comments?

michael