[dev] SOC 2006 RDO

Duck duck at obala.net
Fri Apr 21 03:23:34 PDT 2006

All the SOC 2006 ideas are based on feature enhancement. But how about making
someting existing better?

One of the Horde's big slow-down is the central data storage based on  too
much normalized DataTree. Storing all data in only one place, makes Horde
disable for very large installations.

I guess that RDO as the next-gen solution will solve this. Why not push
someting in this way in the SOC 2006? For example go forward with RDO
development and then implement an RDO driver for DataTree, Permissions etc. A
lot of admins will switch to Horde if we minimize the SQL data usage.

Duck