[dev] wsdl complextypes

Vijay Mahrra vijay.mahrra at es.easynet.net
Fri Apr 21 04:45:22 PDT 2006

I'm writing a SOAP interface for a custom horde module that we use internally
within our company.

It's necessary that we have the ability to see complex type definitions in the
horde generated wsdl from /horde/rpc.php?wsdl and return arrays of complex
types from our api functions.

In the various horde module lib/api.php files I've looked at I've not
encountered usage of complex types other than a couple of notes in Kronolith
which read // FIXME: create complex type definition for SOAP calls.

http://cvs.horde.org/co.php?r=1.148&f=kronolith%2Flib%2Fapi.php

How difficult would it be to add the functionality to create/return/handle
complex types?  I'm still trying to understand how it all fits together (the
auto-generated wsdl) at the moment but any pointers would be a great help.

Is anyone on the list working with the rpc interface, whether through soap or
rest or whatever?  Anyone have any experience of successfully accessing the
generated horde wsdl with non-php clients?

Thanks,

Vijay