[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/iCalendar iCalendar.php

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Mon May 1 12:34:25 PDT 2006

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Karsten, please take a look at my cleanup commits and at
> horde/docs/CODING_STANDARDS.

Right. :-/ It's not that I don't know these, I just did it way too long
the other way....
Anyhow, I wrote a small script to automatically find the two biggest
offenders: "if(" instead of "if (" and function definitions with opening
brace on the same line.

In case anybody's interested here it is:

find . -name \*.php -print0 | xargs -0 grep -EH
'\bif\(|^\s*function.*\{\s*$' *.php 2>/dev/null \
  | grep -vE "\.js\.php:|<\?php
if|\/xinha\/plugins\/AnselImage\/insert_image\.php|\/ingo\/lib\/Script\/maildrop\.php"

I'll run this before comitting stuff in the future. I did also run it on
my current cvs and fixed a few obvious ones.

 > And remember to merge things. Thanks!

I need some advice on this one. I did a checkout of the FRAMEWORK_3
branch, I guess that's a start. But from there on? It has something to
do with the scripts/merge.php. But how exactly?

And what are the guidelines: which patches to merge and which not?

Cheers,
  Karsten