[dev] RDO setTimestamps

Duck duck at obala.net
Wed May 3 03:15:56 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 11:45, Jan Schneider wrote:
>  portable NOW()

Google says NOW exists for pgsql and mysql. Oracle has CURRENT_DATE and MSSQL
has CURDATE() - funny Access has NOW().

But this is generally not a problem, if we trick connection parameters for
different databases we can trick a little function. I still think that is
better supporting date column types. We can check the metadata if the column
is integer or not. Even if we don't support the DB we can fall back to
intiger.

Duck