[dev] RDO setTimestamps

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed May 3 08:23:02 PDT 2006

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> But this is generally not a problem, if we trick connection parameters for
> different databases we can trick a little function. I still think that is
> better supporting date column types. We can check the metadata if the column
> is integer or not. Even if we don't support the DB we can fall back to
> intiger.

If you're going to fall back to integers, then I think we should just
stick with integers here. With PHP 5.1 timestamps aren't limited by
32-bit integer ranges anymore, and for these built-in fields, I'd like
to keep things as simple as possible. Having general date support for
when we detect date fields would be another story imo.

-chuck