[dev] [cvs] commit: kronolith/lib api.php mnemo/lib api.php nag/lib api.php turba/lib api.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri May 5 09:16:47 PDT 2006

Quoting Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

> We can do a method_exists check and only call the History deletion if
> available.

That's pretty ugly, and I'd rather find a solution that works with the
existing code.

> And just to clarify my confusion about versions: currently
> removeUserData is in HEAD only, not in FRAMEWORK_3.

No, it's in FW_3.

> This shouldn't be a problem, right? It only becomes a problem if
> we're going to merge it into FRAMEWORK_3, doesn't it?

Even then it's still a BC break. Until we start requiring Horde
4.0-dev (which doesn't exist yet) in applications, you can't add code
to an application (one of the already released ones - HEAD-only is a
softer line) that won't work with Horde 3.0.0.

-chuck