[dev] Deprecating Troll, again.

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 24 19:41:46 PDT 2006

> I'd like to revisit deprecating Troll.

I was on the "don't do it" side last time, but I'm going to switch
sides and agree with you this time.

> It's a relatively complicated application, it seems to be used very
> little, and people serious about usenet have plenty of good choices,
> many of them desktop based. With the number of developers we have
> right now, I just don't think it makes sense to keep it - the best
> way, it seems, to get _more_ developers and a more active community is
> to focus more so our resources go farther on what we really do want to
> do.

I agree only because of the lack of manpower, and large number of
more active modules.

> Unless someone can convince me or another core developer otherwise,
> I'm going to archive it, close the existing tickets, etc., soon.
> Existing releases will stay available, of course, and the entire CVS
> tree will be downloadable from the ftp.horde.org archive/ directory
> with other old projects.

Is there any way to close the tickets such that if anyone does revive
it the tickets could be revived also?  That is, don't just mark them
as resolved+closed, but some other way?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics