[dev] [cvs] commit: kronolith/lib Driver.php framework/iCalendar iCalendar.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat May 27 02:25:47 PDT 2006

Zitat von Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

> Hi,
>
> Jan Schneider wrote:
>>>   Add ATTENDEE handling for vcalendar import/export.
>>>   Should support both VCALENDAR 1.0 and 2.0.
>>
>> We didn't do this by intention. This has been discussed many times in
>> the past, please check the archives and the bugs database.
> I checked the archives and bug db but was unable to find anything
> related when looking for attendee and/or icalendar. Any pointers?
> Thanks.

I can't find it atm either.

>> And please
>> revert (saving the attendees from iCalender imports).
> Will do. Curious for the reason first, though.

For meeting planning you have one single organizer. This organizer can
change the meeting details and sent invitation updates to the
attendees. If an attendee would import the other attendees from the
invitation while he adds the event from the invitation to his
calendar, and then changes his personal event copy at a later point,
the other attendees would get invitation updates from him.
This would cause a lot confusion at best, and can mess up the
attendees' calendars at worst.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/