[dev] RDO Mapper update patch

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 5 18:10:19 PDT 2006

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> When object is a instance of RDO, the fields parameter was ignored.
> The patch checks what is changed, and updates only this fields.

This isn't intended usage - if the $object is an RDO instance the
assumed use case is that either you're calling $rdo_instance->update()
which is calling the mapper internally, or you've already updated the
rdo object before calling the mapper object yourself. What use case do
you have for interacting directly with the mapper this way?

(Also, the patch allows bypassing any validation done in the RDO
object's __set method - also a problem when you just pass in an id
directly, but no need to compound that.)

-chuck