[dev] initial_application ignored for mobile devices

Matt Selsky selsky at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 8 20:10:16 PDT 2006

> Well, most applications won't do anything sensible with a mobile
> device, so this lets people set their initial_app to what they want
> for a regular browser and not have to change it for using a mobile
> device.

Right, but I want my mobile users to go directly to MIMP (since it's the
only mobile app) instead of going to the portal, clicking "Mobile Mail"
and arriving at MIMP.

My Horde prefs.php has:

// what application should we go to after login?
$_prefs['initial_application'] = array(
    'value' => $GLOBALS['browser']->isMobile() ? 'mimp' : 'imp',
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'select',
    'desc' => sprintf(_("What application should %s display after login?"), $GLOBALS['registry']->get('name'))
);

--
Matt