[dev] IMP Importing Certificate problem - S/MIME Options

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jun 21 05:07:20 PDT 2006

Hi,

I think there are 2 different output formarts.
I testet it with my p12file.p12 but i think outlook uses the other formart.

IMP uses the first password do decrypt the PKCS12 file and the second
password to encrypt the certificate in the DB. You have to enter the
second password the first time you use the private key in a session.

If you leave the second password empty ereryone who can read the cert
from the DB could use it to sign E-Mails with it or decrypt your E-Mails