[dev] Horde_Taxes and Horde_Currencies

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Jun 24 18:56:21 PDT 2006

I'm starting to take a look at Minerva, and there seems to be some
inconsistency with the Horde_Taxes and Horde_Currencies in terms of
where they are expected to be installed. Internally, Horde_Taxes looks
both for Horde/Taxes.php and Horde_Taxes.php (though that might be
looking in the include_path) and the file is Horde_Taxes.php. Minerva
looks for Horde/Taxes.php.

Neither of these seem right to me. We've talked before about something
like Horde_App_Mail as a basis for IMP, MIMP, and DIMP. I think these
modules are similar, though maybe we want to distinguish between a
full pear-installable app and a mini-bit of functionality like the
taxes and currencies modules - Horde_Plugin? Horde_Applet? etc. Ideas?

Whatever name we choose, I'd like to give the Horde_Taxes and
Horde_Curriences modules package.xml files that install them to
Horde/<name>/Taxes.php (or Currencies.php). And then changea Minerva
and all the other code that uses them to look for them there.

Any objections, any suggestions?

-chuck