[dev] PECL memory problem

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jun 25 21:27:30 PDT 2006

Quoting Luciano Ramalho <luciano at ramalho.org>:

> Cool. I've got 5.1.2 but when I tried to use PECL to install PDO I hit
> a memory limit problem. I've been struggling with this problem for days
> now, whenever I've tried to use PECL for other extensions.

I don't know about the problem, but it's not that hard to compile PHP
from scratch, which gets you PDO by default. Are you using a package
for PHP? Btw, if you can upgrade to 5.1.4, you should; there are some
odd problems in 5.1.2 with streams, at least. Not sure how much it
affects in terms of Horde or other common things, though.

-chuck