[dev] Progress of the Live CD project

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 26 14:03:16 PDT 2006

Quoting Soumyadip Modak <soumyadip.modak at gmail.com>:

> I have tested out Ubuntu Dapper Live CD, Knoppix and Morphix. Of the 3, I've
> decided to use Morphix. This is because Morphix was designed as a base
> system for custom live cds. Presently I've a basic live-cd up and running,
> but I'm facing some problems getting mysql and apache to run from the live
> cd. The daemons are not being started at boot time, so Horde is unusable.
> Once I start up the daemons, I'm able to use Horde.

Great! Nice to see progress. How many Horde apps do you have here,

> I'm talking to a guy Sayamindu Dasgupta, who has made the Koha Live CD. He's
> written a custom script to trigger the daemons once the live cd has booted,
> for Koha live cd. I'm working with him to adapt his script for my Live CD. I
> expect to post a link to download the Live CD by next Saturday.

I'm looking forward to it, as I'm sure many others are as well. :)

> It is a little embarrassing for me to keep pushing back the release date for
> an alpha live cd iso, but I'm sorry I've been running into stonewalls quite
> frequently. Possibly my inexperience.

SoC is definitely a learning experience - please just keep asking!
We're here to help you out as much as we can.

> I still have not mastered the art of setting up Horde and the Groupware
> modules securely. I'll request the gurus to please point out the changes I
> should be making to the Horde configuration to lock it down as much as is
> required.

Sure thing. If you can post the setup that you're using seperate from
the whole cd image, it'll be easier for us to download quickly and
give you feedback/patches.

-chuck