[dev] Bug in save Message?

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jun 28 00:12:07 PDT 2006

Hi,

this Problem is related to Bug 3565 but is different.

If a Windows User saves a Message with the "Save as"
(module=imp&actionID=save_message") and this Message is a german Text
with "Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable" the text has a line
break after 73 charakters if ther was no linebreak before. If such a
linebreak is added it is maked with "=" so that it can be removed if
you view this message.

If you save the Message with Imp under Linux the linebreak ist "\n"
and therefor the marking ist "=\n". You get the same file if you save
it using Thunderbird under linux.

If you save the Message under Windows Thunderbird uses the Windows
linebreak, but IMP still uses "\n".

Opening the saved file with Outlook Express it gets confused by the
"=\n", using Thunderbird shows the message correct.