[dev] [cvs] commit: ansel/lib api.php

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Sun Jul 2 08:55:02 PDT 2006

> Without looking at the code, it might make more sense for an external
> API to hide internal IDs, OTOH we don't follow that paradigm in other
> APIs either. But the API for an application should at least be
> consistent, I guess.

I agree about hiding the datatree_id from external apps, and was how I
was actually expecting the api to operate...but just about every one
of the methods that needs information about a gallery expects the
datatree_id.

Since ansel has not been released yet, would it be feasable to rewrite
the api to expect the more appropriate share name?  It's how I would
have preferred to do this, but was concerned about making such a large
change to the api...

Thanks,
mike

--