[dev] [cvs] commit: ansel/lib api.php

Ben Chavet ben at horde.org
Sun Jul 2 09:25:54 PDT 2006

> I agree about hiding the datatree_id from external apps, and was how I
> was actually expecting the api to operate...but just about every one
> of the methods that needs information about a gallery expects the
> datatree_id.

This is because using datatree_id is *much* faster than using datatree_name.

> Since ansel has not been released yet, would it be feasible to rewrite
> the api to expect the more appropriate share name?  It's how I would
> have preferred to do this, but was concerned about making such a large
> change to the api...

Ansel hasn't been released yet, but other apps that use ansel have,
such as IMP.  That, plus the performance benefits of using the
dataree_id lead me to say that we should not change to share names.
If anything, we should ensure that we are using datatree_id in all
function calls for consistency.

--Ben