[dev] RDO relationship question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 10 01:02:23 PDT 2006

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

>> Can you maybe give some psuedocode as to what this might look like?
>
> As you see wonder it would be possible to update even the linked tables by
> just calling the save method on the main mapper.
>
> It would be very useful to update/delete the main entry and its linked
> attributes by just one call. And it will allow much smaller and cleaner code
> in implementation then make a recursive loop every time in the code.

I agree. I think it would be a great feature; I worry that it might be
a bit complicated to implement, but maybe not... if we add a boolean
state bit to RDO objects saying whether or not they've been modified
since last load or save, then we could look through relationships on
save() for other modified bits.

Suggestions, patches? Feel free to create an enhancment ticket for this, btw.

-chuck