[dev] RDO relationship question

Duck duck at obala.net
Mon Jul 10 01:18:13 PDT 2006

On Monday 10 July 2006 10:02, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> I agree. I think it would be a great feature; I worry that it might be
> a bit complicated to implement, but maybe not... if we add a boolean
> state bit to RDO objects saying whether or not they've been modified
> since last load or save, then we could look through relationships on
> save() for other modified bits.

Thinking forward, instead of a boolean value maybe and array of fields
modified would be better. It will can contain the fields changes. So the
save() can will update only this fields. It will be less overhead with
sending  unchanged data to SQL. If the array is empty, the object was not
changed.

Duck